Thursday, November 3, 2016

We Can All Use Some Guidance



Unfortunately, too many people suffer from mental health and addiction issues because they do not know where to turn to get the proper help and information to which will guide them through their tough time. I am one of the paraprofessionals involved with this group and I am very proud to be providing as much of my knowledge and understanding, as well as my many experiences, with Mental Health, Addiction, and Health Care.

We are not here to tell you what to do with your life, nor are we here to fix everything, but we are here to guide and support you through this journey, and help you better understand what is going on with you and/or people around you. The more knowledge you get by picking up a book and reading it, looking on the ‘inter web’ (credible sites we will provide), and/or sitting down one-on-one while sharing your story, the better you will understand what is happening to you and/or people around you. 

Just because we are professionals, does not mean we have not been through anything in our lives. I was asked to join this team because, yes I have schooling, but I also have had a mental health issues in the past, as well as lived with people who have had addiction issues. No one is perfect in this world, but because of the life I once lived, I took that knowledge and I expanded on it by going back to school to further educate myself on the subjects I once struggled with. I also read blogs, websites, journals, books, etc.

I talk to people who have had the same issues, by comparing our struggles…… BUT also our successes!! I am fascinated with health care and all it has to offer…… people just need to know where to look !! It feels good knowing that I’m not the only one out there that has been through struggles because now we can understand and heal together!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment